From the AP: Lawmakers strip money for Charity Hospital replacement
As a friend noted: "Ruh roh"
ADDED: This comment on the piece was too good to pass up:
ElCidDeEspana May 23, 2011 at 3:49PM
Ok, let's count it up:
1. It's 6 years since the storm and we don't have a hospital.
2. We torn down a historic neighborhood and a large swath of mid-city without trying to determine what caused its downfall.
3. We drove out thousands of citizens from their home and took property from those who had invested in the city.
4. Many connected people bought property on the cheap and then sold to make a quick, very nice and quiet profit.
5. WE STILL WON'T HAVE A HOSPITAL until at least 2016, 11 years post-storm, right?
6. Old Charity is still just sitting there, empty.
Really great going guys.
What a boondoggle.